Pharmacists need software built for pharmacy.
A recent URAC Aggregate Summary Performance Report found that today, there are 2x more errors in medication distribution than dispensing—which leads to patients not getting their critical medications and being re-admitted to the hospital.
Dispensing software solutions have helped automate the workflow; however, distribution has been ignored.
What we know:
- According to Health Industry Distributors Association, medication distribution continues to grow, exacerbated by the recent pandemic and 61% growth in the hospital-at-home movement due to an aging U.S. population.
- According to IBISWorld, 60% of U.S. adults have at least one chronic disease and 40% have two or more.
Why generic software doesn’t work for pharmacy:
Specialty pharmacies have tried to solve the distribution problem using non-healthcare solutions. However, these fragmented solutions still cause critical distribution errors.… which lead to safety concerns, visibility gaps, payor contract and accreditation challenges, and out-of-control costs.
- Not built for healthcare
- Multiple systems/workflows
- Limited choice on carrier
- Separate or no courier option
- No visibility, disparate communication
- No control over cost optimization
- No insights for improvement
- Multiple, manual invoices
We provide a clinical Rx shipping solution for outpatient pharmacies.
Each specialty pharmacy workflow is complex and unique. With that in mind, we build a clinically-minded shipping, tracking and compliance solution specifically designed to modernize outbound pharmacy operations from start to finish. To learn more about how we can help, visit www.getvpl.com/pharmacy-solutions.
Download the full distribution accuracy infographic: Generics: Great for Drugs, Not for Software Infographic